Congratulations and welcome to National Health and Fitness Academy. We’re excited to kickstart your career into the Fitness Industry and help you gain your fitness qualifications. There are so many awesome new opportunities in our amazing industry and there’s literally never been a better time to start.
Our experienced Course Coaches are fully committed to providing you with the highest level of training and education to expand your knowledge and skills, including personal, practical, and business skills. All the things that are required for you to become super successful in the fitness industry.
The participant handbook provides you with the necessary information, you as a learner, will need to know to make the most out of your learning experience.
For Global Dance Pro students, refer to the end of the handbook for more information relevant to your course.
Having read the Participant Handbook is a condition of your enrolment. You will also be emailed a copy of the handbook during your enrolment process.
Please read the following information. If you have any questions or concerns regarding NHFA’s policies, please don’t hesitate to contact us, either prior to your enrolment or once you have commenced your studies.
You can contact a member of our team at [email protected] or on 1300 16 10 13
On behalf of the whole NHFA Team we wish you every success in your studies and look forward to working with you to achieve your goals.
RTO Code 31894
National Health and Fitness Academy is a well-established Registered Training Organisation dedicated to providing a high standard of training to meet the personal and career objectives of participants. Our Trainers are industry experienced professionals committed to remaining up to date with industry skills and knowledge to provide flexible and workplace relevant training.
To ensure that we provide training and assessment services that meet the needs of clients and industry, we employ qualified and experienced Trainers, secure suitable facilities, ensure sufficient opportunities for learning in appropriate environments, with suitable resources and assessments that are fair and flexible.
Prior to commencement — should National Health and Fitness Academy cancel training before it commences, Participants will be offered alternate dates (if the training is being rescheduled). If the training is not rescheduled or the dates offered do not suit the Participants, all fees paid will be refunded in full within 14 days of the training being cancelled. For training that have commenced, in the unlikely event that National Health and Fitness Academy is unable to deliver the training, the Participant will be offered the option to enroll with another RTO. National Health and Fitness Academy will assist in both finding a suitable RTO and in the transition to the new RTO.
Our Service Commitment
- Your questions are important to us. Please be aware that our Trainers are working with other Participants as well as yourself. We are committed to returning your calls and emails, but we ask that you allow us five (5) working days to respond.
- Assessment feedback will be given within 14 working days of our receiving the assessment in the office (not from the day it is posted).
- Statements of Attainment/Qualifications are issued within 30 calendar days of your completion.
- Please advise us as soon as possible if you would like to withdraw or cancel your enrolment for any reason. This enables us to issue your Statement of Attainment for units completed.
Unique Student Identifier
A USI is required at the time of enrolment. This is is a national requirement to enroll in a course in recognised training (Vocational Education and Training) . We are unable to accept enrolments without this number or notification of an exemption.
The purpose of the USI is to enable the collection and storage of your records of participation in vocational education and training on a central database, allowing you easy access to your records. In the event that you are unable or unwilling to get a USI please visit the following website for further information on what to do to be able to participate in training.
For more information and to apply for you USI or an exemption go to: https://www.usi.gov.au/students/get-a-usi
Your personal information may be used to find your USI, verify your USI, view your transcripts, or
view/update details on the USI account.
Access and Equity Policy
Based on the Access and Equity Policy for the Vocational Education and Training, National Health and Fitness Academy will deliver training that is:
- Equitable for all people through the fair allocation of resources and involvement in Vocational Education and Training
- Providing equal opportunity for all Participants
- Providing access to appropriate quality Vocational Education and Training programs and services
- Providing support services which enhance achievement of positive outcomes
Expectations of Participants
- To avoid any confusion in the future, the following expectations of behaviour are provided. Compliance with these expectations is required by all Participants. Failure to do so may result in cancellation of your enrolment.
- Abide by Copyright and Plagiarism laws and legislation.
- Comply with workplace health and safety regulations at all times.
- Comply with anti-discrimination legislation at all times. This includes but is not limited to equal opportunity, racial vilification and disability discrimination.
- Comply with workplace harassment, victimisation and bullying regulations at all times
- Ensure that behaviour is of a level acceptable to the workplace at all times.
- Complete training and assessment activities within agreed timeframes.
- Communicate any difficulties with completion of activities or assessment with your Trainer.
- Inform your Trainer in advance of any intended absences.
- Inform your Trainer immediately should you be unable to attend due to illness or other reasons.
- Notify the trainer of any absences as soon as is practical.
- To fully benefit from your course, a 100% commitment is required to attend all training on the timetable and scheduled times. Students are allowed a maximum of two (2) practical absences throughout their chose course. Students who exceed the two-absence limit will be required to attend another class to catch up and be signed off on that missed practical; the catch-up class could be during the course duration or after the course duration, subject to class availability and programming.
- Inform your Trainer if you have a medical condition that may affect your participation or affect those with whom you may be training.
- Follow the instructions of the Trainer/Assessor at all times.
- Treat Course Coaches and fellow students with respect.
- Complete the course within the allocated time frame with honesty and integrity.
- Follow and abide by the requirements within the Student Participant Handbook.
National Health and Fitness Academy is dedicated to providing a high standard of service to Participants. Participants can contact their Trainer by phone or email during office hours. We endeavour to respond to Participants as quickly as possible, but Participants are reminded that our Trainers do have other Participants and classes to attend to. We will provide feedback on Assessments within 14 working days.
Should Participants require further support, National Health and Fitness Academy can assist in identifying the appropriate support service as well as organising access to such services. Services referred to may include but are not limited to: language, literacy and numeracy, counselling, etc. It should be noted that such services may attract an additional fee to be paid to the service provider. Such fees are the responsibility of the Participant.
Fees and Charges
Non-refundable Deposit –
- Any deposit made to the National Health and fitness academy to enroll or to hold a position in any course is non-refundable or transferable.
- All withdrawals must be in writing and emailed to [email protected]. A full refund will be given to a student who withdraws their enrolment within 7 days of the time that the National Health and Fitness Academy enrolment form is completed. After this ‘cooling-off’ period, students will be liable for a $1500 cancelation fee if withdrawing prior to the commencement of the course.
- Student withdrawal on or after the commencement date of the course will be liable for the full course fees as per their enrolment form with the National Health and Fitness Academy.
- In the circumstances where a student has entered into a student payment plan, completion of all payments entered into under the plan will remain the obligation of the student or account holder on the enrolment form. If these payments are not paid it may result in the account taken to debt collection and legal action may be taken.
NHFA reserves the right to vary fees without notice prior to enrolment.
All fees owing must be paid in full before the qualification or statement of attainment is issued.
We understand that our students may sometimes go through challenging times. We take mental and other health issues very seriously. We will do what we can to support you. Mental health or other health issues, however, don’t see you out of your agreement.
Payments can be put on hold for a maximum of 6 weeks or for some other specified time. The duration for holding payments is at the sole discretion of the Director and will only be decided based on the supporting medical evidence provided.
No refund of fees will be provided to you if your enrolment is withdrawn/cancelled/discontinued. In the event your enrolment is withdrawn, cancelled or discontinued with us for whatever reason, we will document and advise you of the reason(s) for this, along with advising any relevant regulating and funding bodies (as per their requirements). You can obtain a formal Statement of Attainment at no additional cost if your enrolment is withdrawn, cancelled or discontinued prior to completing your qualification, provided your fees are paid in full for the units included in your Statement of Attainment.
Payment Plan Option
Students who have selected the Payment Plan option agree to continuously pay the agreed weekly/fortnightly amount until the total debt is paid in full. The Payment Plan option occurs small additional fees associated with the direct debit company (Debit Success). These additional fees may vary depending on the length of your direct debit contract. These fees will apply regardless of whether you pay your contact out early or in the agreed time period.
You may increase your direct debit payments anytime; however, you may not reduce to below the minimum weekly/fortnightly amount within your payment plan contract. Lump sum payments can be made at any time in addition to your weekly/fortnightly payments. Students can contact Debit Success directly when changes need to be made. Dishonour fees will apply to late payments.
Study Now, Pay Later Option
Students who have selected the Study Now, Pay Later option agreed to the terms set out in the
agreement they have made through provider ZeeFi. Additional fees may be charged by ZeeFi and
can vary depending on the length of your contract. These fees will apply regardless of whether you
pay your contact out early or in the agreed time period.
Students can contact ZeeFi directly when changes need to be made. Dishonour, establishment, and
account fees may apply. For more information on ZeeFi’s Study Now, Pay Later option, please read
the attached Student Brochure at the end of this document after Global Dance Pro’s Handbook.
All participants are given two (2) resubmissions to be reassessed without further payment required. On the occasion where participants are unable to demonstrate competency after two (2) re- assessment attempts they should speak to their trainer about further opportunities to complete the qualification. Any further submissions will incur a charge of $350 per attempt.
Full payment of fees is required prior to issuance of the Statement of Attainment or Certificate/s. Participants who successfully complete the requirements prior to the planned finished date can receive their Statement of Attainment/Certificate on completion, as long as all course fees are paid in full. If fees have not been fully paid, Statement of Attainment /Certificate may not be issued until all outstanding fees have been fully paid.
Course Transfer Policy
In extenuating circumstances, the National Health and Fitness Academy management team may approve for a course transfer. If an application is approved, an administration fee of $200 may apply.
Any funds paid by a student under the plan (including deposits and all other fees paid) are not transferable to any other person or entity including deceased or bankrupt estates.
In extenuating circumstances, students may apply for a Cancellation in writing to [email protected] Approvals are at the sole discretion of the National Health and Fitness Academy Director.
- Course work progression – participants are required to notify National Health and Fitness Academy as soon as it is practical of any event or any difficulties impacting the progress of their training and completion of their unit of competence, and if necessary, apply for an extension.
- Participants who withdraw or fail to continue their studies will be responsible for the full fee cost. Students who fail to attend without deferring will need to re-enrol and pay full course fees should they wish to commence in a future course.
If you need to defer from the course and want to return at a later date, you must speak to the RTO Manager or Director. All first-time approved deferrals will be processed at no additional cost to the student; in the unlikely event that, multiple deferrals are required and approved, a cost of $200 per deferral will be charged to the student.
Competency Based Training and Assessment:
Participants enrolled in training which will lead to either a Statement of Attainment or Certificate are required to complete Assessments to demonstrate competency. Competency based assessment is the process of gathering evidence to confirm that Participants can perform the skills and have the knowledge required by the unit.
Assessments undertaken may include:
- Written/oral Assessments
- Practical demonstrations
- Completion of case studies and similar activities
- Development of a portfolio
- Work samples
- Third party reports
Participants will be given feedback on all Assessment Activities. Competency based assessment does not use a marking scale rather the Participant is deemed “competent” or “not yet competent”. Students enrolled into a combined SIS30321 Certificate III in Fitness & SIS40221 Certificate IV in Fitness will not receive access to their SIS40221 Certificate IV in Fitness Assessments until all Certificate III in Fitness Assessments have been completed and deemed ‘Competent’.
You may be eligible for a Credit Transfer if you have previously undertaken training through a Registered Training Organisation. Credit Transfer may be granted for one or more units or a full Certificate level. Three (3) major factors need to be considered:
- How current the Qualification/Statement of Attainment is
- Mapping to the current training and
- If the training was undertaken with a Registered Training Organisation.
If you think you may be eligible for a Credit Transfer, you will need to provide the following:
- The original Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate for your Trainer to sight
- A copy of the Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate
- Or a certified copy of your signed Statement of Attainment and/or Certificate by a Justice of the Peace (JP)
Please be advised that students who have an SIS30315 Certificate III & IV in Fitness or older will be required to complete NHFA’s Certificate III in Fitness Update Course in order to meet the entry requirements for SIS40221 Certificate IV in Fitness.
In 2023 we’ve seen a brand-new Fitness Qualification come into effect. Previously we were able to allow those with the Certificate III in Fitness qualification to simply enrol into a Certificate IV in Fitness by implementing a Credit Transfer for the entry requirement units.
However, with the new training package that has come into effect, this is no longer the case. What is now taught and assessed is very different to what was in the previous Certificate III in Fitness qualification; meaning that almost all of the qualification is no longer recognised as the units are non-equivalent.
Please understand that this is not an NHFA requirement or standard, it is a standard that all training organisations must adhere to with the new Fitness Training package. If you have an SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness or older, please discuss this with NHFA’s Course Advisor.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
RPL is the process of formal recognition for skills and knowledge gained through previous learning such as:
- Life experiences
- Previous formal learning
- Recreational or personal interests
You may be eligible for RPL for part or all of your intended study, based on your previous experiences and learning. For more information regarding RPL and how to apply, please discuss this with Mel.
Access to Participant Records
Participants may wish to access their records to check on work completed, progress or for other reasons. Please contact a member of our team at [email protected] to organise a time to view your training records. Other parties will not be permitted to access Participant files without written consent from the Participant.
Release of Contact Details and Information
To ensure that Registered Training Organisations meet the National Standards and offer quality training to Participants, ASQA conducts regular audits. The audit process involves a review of a training organisation’s Policies, Procedures, Record keeping and practices. On occasions ASQA may contact past and present training Participants to conduct an interview to confirm that the organisation is complying with its obligations and providing a service which meets the needs of Participants and Industry.
Upon request National Health and Fitness Academy is required to supply the following information to ASQA:
- Contact details including address, telephone numbers and email address
For audit purposes and in the event of a complaint or appeal, ASQA may request to view Participant files. The purpose of this is to ensure compliance with regulations and Standards.
Change of Personal Details
Should you change any of your personal details please advise via email at [email protected]
Such details include, address, surname, contact telephone number etc.
Complaints and Appeals
National Health and Fitness Academy provides a high standard of service. Should a participant have a complaint or wish to appeal an assessment result, they are encouraged to do so by using the following processes:
Complaints are the expression of the dissatisfaction with the quality or any aspect of the business operations and service, including nuisances, discrimination or similar against another person, inclusive of Participants, Staff and Contractors.
The following are examples of issues for which Participants may lodge a complaint:
- training delivery
- training and/or assessment, including Recognition of Prior Learning
- any other activities associated with the delivery of training and assessment services
- issues such as discrimination, sexual harassment, participant amenities, etc.
First instance: Participants are encouraged to speak immediately with their Trainer. If the Participant is not comfortable addressing the issue with the Trainer, they are encouraged to follow the second step of the complaints process.
Second instance: If the issue is not resolved the Participant is encouraged to either speak to or contact in writing the Director.
Third instance: If the matter is still not resolved an independent third party will be requested to assist with resolution. Third parties may include relevant training representative(s), legal representative(s)
e.g. Antidiscrimination board or other relevant personnel.
Outcomes of complaints will be provided to the Participant in writing within fifteen (15) working days of the decision. If at any time responding to the complaint is going to take more than 60 days the complainant will be advised in writing and informed as to when they can expect a response.
In the event that a complaint has been lodged a Complaint Form must be completed and forwarded to the Director immediately, even if the situation has been resolved to the satisfaction of all parties.
If the Participant is not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure they should to contact the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) by completing the complaints form at: http://www.asqa.gov.au/complaints/making-a-complaint.html
Appeals are the expression of the dissatisfaction of an assessment result. This would occur when a Participant has been deemed not yet competent and does not agree with this decision.
There are various grounds for lodging an assessment appeal. These include, but are not limited to:
- not being fully informed of the assessment process
- Participant’s needs not taken into consideration
- the assessment process is different to that outlined by the Trainer/Assessor
- assessment process not based on Training Package/Unit of Competence requirements
- an inappropriate method used to assess the Training Package/Unit of Competence
- alleged bias of the Trainer/Assessor
- alleged incompetence of the Trainer/Assessor
- faulty or inappropriate equipment or facilities
The Participant appealing an assessment outcome and/or the assessment process discusses their issue with the Trainer/Assessor involved.
(This step must commence within ten (10) working days of the assessment outcome being advised).
If still not satisfied, the Participant must complete the Assessment Appeals Form – Part A and forward to the Director.
(This should occur within five (5) working days of Step 1)
The assessment is to be reviewed by a different Assessor and the results of the review summarised on the Assessment Appeals Form. The Participant is to be advised of the appeals outcome within ten (10) working days.
(This should occur within ten 10 working days of Step 2)
If still not satisfied with the outcome of the appeal the Participant’s appeal is to be reviewed by the Director. The Director will send an acknowledgement letter to the Participant, record the receipt of the Assessment Appeals Form, then review. The Director if necessary, will convene a review panel to thoroughly examine the appeal.
(The Participant is to be advised of the outcome within ten (10) working days). If at any time responding to the appeal is going to take more than 60 days, the appellant will be advised in writing and informed as to when they can expect a response.
If the Participant is not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure, they should be advised of their right to contact the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) by completing the complaints form at: http://www.asqa.gov.au/complaints/making-a-complaint.html
All Participants will receive their Assessment feedback and result 14 working days of submission.
On completion of a Qualification or Unit of Competency, National Health and Fitness Academy will issue Statements of Attainment/ Certificates within thirty (30) calendar days.
What if I need my Certificate or Statement of Attainment to be re-issued?
In the event of a lost or damaged Certificate or Statement of Attainment, please complete the Change of Enrolment Information Form to request re-issuance of a Certificate or Statement of Attainment and return with payment of $95 (including GST).
Your feedback is particularly important to our commitment to ongoing improvement. Throughout your training you will be asked to provide your thoughts and comments on the training received. National Health and Fitness Academy encourages all Participants to make contact should they wish to provide feedback or comments on any aspect of the service they have received.
Relevant legislation – to be complied with
Work Health and Safety Act 2011
The Work Health and Safety Act 2011 provides a framework for managing health and safety risks in Australian workplaces. The objective of the Act is to prevent fatalities, injuries and illness caused by a workplace, by workplace activities or by a specified high risk plant – this is achieved by preventing or minimising exposure to risk. All organisations must comply with this Act, regardless of the types of services and/or products they provide or sell. For more information visit:
Industrial Relations Act 1988
The principal objective of the Industrial Relations Act 1988 is the provision of a framework for industrial relations that supports economic prosperity and social justice. For more information visit: http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/num_act/ira19882 42/
Privacy Act 1988
The Privacy Act 1988 makes provisions to protect the privacy of individuals, and for related purposes. It should be noted, however, that the Federal Privacy Act does not regulate state or territory agencies (except for the ACT). For information on privacy regulations in other states and territories, visit the http://www.privacy.gov.au
Copyright Act 1968
The Copyright Act 1968 is an Act relating to Copyright and the protection of certain performances, and for other purposes. For more information regarding the Copyright Act 1968, go to
National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011
This Act was introduced in 2011 to establish a consistent registration and accreditation framework for Vocational Education and Training, by applying nationally agreed standards. For more information visit:
- New South Wales Anti-Discrimination Act 1977
- Queensland Anti-Discrimination Act 1991
- South Australia Equal Opportunity Act 1984
- Victoria Equal Opportunity Act 2010
- Western Australia Equal Opportunity Act 1984
The objectives of Equal Opportunity legislation are to encourage the identification and elimination of discrimination, sexual harassment and victimisation and their causes, and to promote and facilitate the progressive realisation of equality. For more information go to:
Australian Consumer Law (ACL) 2011
Australian Consumer Law (ACL) 2011 aims to provide an equitable, competitive, informed and safe market place. It makes provisions in respect to certain unfair or undesirable trade practices, and aims at regulating the supply of goods and services. For more information visit: http://www.consumerlaw.gov.au/content/Content.aspx?d oc=home.html
Competition and Consumer Act (CCA) 2010
The object of the Competition and Consumer Act (CCA) 2010 is to enhance the welfare of Australians through the promotion of competition and fair trading, and through a provision for consumer protection. For more information visit: http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/815%20209
Children, Youth and Families Legislation
- New South Wales Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998
- Queensland Child Protection Act 1999
- South Australia Children’s Protection Act 1993
- Victoria Children, Youth and Families Act 2005
- Western Australia Children and Community Services Act 2004
The objectives of the Children, Youth and Families legislations is:
- to provide for community services to support children and families
- to provide for the protection of children
- to make provision in relation to children who have been charged with, or who have been found guilty of, offences
First Aid/CPR Refund Policy
*Does not apply to active/enrolled Certificate III & IV in Fitness students – if enrolled student, please refer to information given to you by Student Support
To provide a transparent and fair cancellation and refund policy for learners and clients that complies with Clause 5.3 of Standard 5 of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs).
National Health & Fitness Academy (NHFA) respects each learner’s consumer rights. This policy ensures that all learners are treated fairly and are provided with the Cancellation and Refund Policy prior to the commencement of training.
The Cancellation and Refund Policy is available publicly within our Participant Handbook on our website.
NHFA reserves the right to cancel, postpone or re-schedule courses due to low enrolments or unforeseen circumstances. In the event this was to occur, a learner can choose to have their course fee fully refunded or rescheduled to a new training date without penalty.
Payment of Course Fees
- Course fees are payable at the time of booking by Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX)
- Payment will be considered received once funds have cleared NHFA’s bank account.
- A Statement of Attainment will not be issued until full payment has been received.
Cancellation & Refunds
- All refunds will incur an Administration Fee regardless of time given. (See Table of Fees)
- Where a learner provides a minimum of 48 hours notice prior to the commencement of training advising they wish to cancel from a booked course, a refund less an Administration Fee will be payable to the payee.
Refunds will not be issued when:
- A learner cancels their training within 48 hours of the commencement of training.
- A learner changes their course type within 48 hours of the commencement of training. The balance of course fees (if applicable) are payable at the time of amendment.
- A learner does not attend a booked course (no-shows).
- A learner does not complete the course once they have commenced. This includes the online learning and assessment component of express courses.
- A learner has commenced/completed and or failed the pre-course online assessment in preparation of face-to-face training.
- A learner simply changes their mind within 48 hours of the commencement of training.
All refund requests must be submitted in writing to [email protected]
Approved refunds less any applicable fees will be processed within 14 days from the time the learner provided written notice to cancel their enrolment.
Transferring to an alternative course date
- No additional fees will be incurred if a learner transfers to an alternative date a minimum of 24 hours prior to the commencement of the face-to-face training.
- A Reschedule Fee will be incurred if a learner transfers to an alternative date within 24 hours of the face-to-face training. The reschedule fee is due upon booking a new date.
- Bookings and payments placed on hold will only be held for a 6-month period from the notification date. After 6 months the learner’s course fee will be forfeited. Course fees will be re-booked at the current advertised course rate. Additional fees may apply as course fees are subject to change.
- A learner who has completed pre-course online assessment in preparation for face-to-face training must complete the face-to-face training within four (4) weeks of the assessment completion date. Failure to complete training within this time frame will require a learner to complete the relevant pre-course online assessment again.
Late Arrival & No-Show
- No refund will be given for a non-attendance or late arrival to a booked course and 100% of course fees will be forfeited. Full course fees are payable should a learner wish to re-book.
- No refund is available if a participant leaves prior to completing the course/unit of competency.
Table of Fees
|Administration Fee||$12.00 inc. GST|
|Reschedule of Training Fee||$22.00 inc. GST|
Click the download button to get a copy of our Student Handbook
Kickstart your career as a professional physical trainer at National Health and Fitness Academy! Located in Gold Coast, Brisbane, and Newcastle, we offer part-time and blended courses so you can achieve your dream fitness career.